Fleet Service Technician
Acme Freight, an Amazon DSP, is currently looking to hire an individual looking to work with fleet service and maintenance for our 40 delivery vehicles. This job is actively located in San Jose, CA.
A qualified candidate must have some level of knowledge of vehicle service and preventive maintenance. You do not have to be certified; this is an entry level role meaning we will help you learn what you do not know when it comes to fleet maintenance. This is a great fit for someone looking to start a career path into fleet management and supervision. The ideal candidate must be able to work well under pressure, be quick on their feet, and understand the business that you are working in.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, diagnose, maintain, repair, and service a wide variety of fleet and specialized vehicles
- Service vehicles with fuel, oil, and coolant
- Perform preventive maintenance by checking items such as battery condition, tire air pressure, coolant and oil levels
- Help maintain vehicle records such as maintenance schedules, recall/warranty issues, and repairs needed and completed
- Be able to observe vehicle safety and warning indicators and make needed corrections on site, or schedule and coordinate vehicle maintenance and repair
- Help assist with fleet vehicle repair after damage and/or repair
- Help conduct installation and removal of auxiliary equipment
- Maintain records related to work accomplished or products used
- Maintain fleet appearance, general cleaning internal and external
- Support on the road (OTR) vehicle emergencies, which will require travel to stranded vehicle to assess and resolve situation. Actions could be, but not limited to, battery jump, out of gas, tow, etc.
Job Location: 1777 South 10th Street, San Jose, CA 95112
Work Environment and Physical Demands: Candidates must be comfortable to operate a variety of hand, power, and automotive equipment; physical ability to lift and carry objects weighing approximately 50 pounds; move and load or unload material for vehicles; push and maneuver heavy objects using carts, or dollies weighing up to 100 pounds.
· High school or equivalent education
· Must have some aptitude for general car maintenance
· Possession of a valid CA Driver’s License. CMV or CDL qualified a plus, but not mandatory.
Working hours are from 7:00am to 3:00pm, Choice of 5 days a week. Must be willing to work one weekend day.
Disclaimer: Applicant must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. Candidates could possibly be exposed to noise, dust, cleaning solvents, battery acids, exhaust fumes and the outdoor elements.
All final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a background check and drug test.